Sunday, April 13, 2014

First video review on Drumeo

Friday (April 11th), one video I posted in the Drumeo Forums was reviewed live by Dave Atkinson.
It was an awesome review... He gave me a lot of tips on things I have to get better, techniques I can use/improve, and my posture.
Dave Atkinson, Drumeo Instructor
 So, I'm writing this post just to enumerate what was said, so I don't forget, and so I can plan my next training sessions according to it.


My overall timing was OK. But my note spacing needs work. I sound sloppy, but on time with the click because of that.
I tend to lean backward when I use my kick (Mostly because of the kit... When I switch to my acoustic drums, I need to pay attention to this, and train some balance). I'll try to put my throne a little back, to see if I can solve that.
My ghost notes were not clean... I just throw the sticks down, and hope for a few notes on the rebound, and that won't give me any definition or articulation. There a lesson by Adam Smith on ghost notes that can help me on that.
Focus on the De-Stupifying Left Hand exercises and the Push Pull Technique. My Student Plan already has those lessons, and I've started to work on them.

That's it... I'll come back later to post my exercises for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment